KDE-SIG weekly report (47/2007)

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Wed Nov 21 00:30:24 UTC 2007

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
 to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 47/2007

Time: 2007-11-20 16:00 UTC

Meeting page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2007-11-20

Meeting log:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2007-11-20?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora-kde-sig-2007-11-20.txt

= Participants =

- RexDieter
- KevinKofler
- ThanNgo
- SebastianVahl
- ArthurPemberton
- MaryEllenFoster

= Agenda =

* The weekly talk about KDE4
 * Preparations for KDE4: Initial Builds
 * Needed but not yet included BuildRequires (eg. libzip, decibel)
 * Preparations of kdelibs3, kdebase3
 * Planning of inclusion in Rawhide
 * Informations for Package Maintainers (BR: kdelibs -> kdelibs3, building
packages for KDE4)

= Summary =

o Preparations for KDE4:Initial Builds:
- The KDE4 Development Platform was updated to 3.96.0
- SebastianVahl has worked on KDE 4 full desktop packages (KDE 4 as default
and kdebase-workspace packaged). [1] This packages doesn't exist in rawhide,
yet.
- New kdeartwork-icons contains crystalsvg-icon-theme. We'll need to verify if
it's complete and usuable for KDE3 applications as a fallback. Otherwise
we'll need to ship the KDE3 version instead.

o Preparations of kdelibs3, kdebase3:
- Initial version of non-conflicting kdelibs3 is done, version for kdebase3
will be prepared.
- both versions needs to be re-checked if removed files still really conflict.

o Needed but not yet included BuildRequires:
- libzip (dependency of kdeutils) will be submitted for review
- decibel (optional dependency for kdenetwork) isn't packaged yet
- Tapioca-Qt (for decibel) isn't packaged yet
- tpctl (optional dependency of kdeutils) isn't packaged yet

o Planning of inclusion in Rawhide:
- kdebase-workspace as a new package needs to be reviewed
- the other packages won't need a formal review
- kdelibs(4), kdebase(4), kdebase-runtime, kdebase-workspace and kdelibs3,
kdebase3 needs to be updated in rawhide in a short timeframe
- Dec 1-7 was choosen as a window of the inclusion in rawhide
- We'll need to send out a notice to the mailing lists that KDE may be
unstable
- package maintainers also needs to be informed about the changed build
requires
- RexDieter will prepare this announcements

= Next Meeting =

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2007-11-27

= Links =

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/KDE4Status