InstantMirror initial source repo

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Wed Nov 21 07:23:49 UTC 2007

On 11/20/07, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> BUGS TO FIX TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY WORK
> - wget --server-response http://PATH/TO/LARGE/FILE
>   It constantly redirects over and over again rather than waiting.
>   FILE.tmp never gets larger than 8192 or 16384 bytes.

Hmm, my setup doesn't do that. What upstream server are you using, and
which release of Fedora? I am running it on an FC6 machine, using
http://linux.nssl.noaa.gov .

> - We MUST find a way so the client can begin downloading the file while
> the mirror downloads the file.  Any other reverse proxy server would
> allow this.  This might be difficult to implement (perhaps impossible
> with mod_python?) but this might be the only sane way to fix the
> previous problem.

I don't think this has anything to do with the problem above. This
would be a nice enhancement, though. It does complicate the
implementation, especially to handle byte range requests properly.

> - Even if apache:apache owns DocumentRoot, SELinux denies by default.
>   Need sane solution.

I haven't yet tested on a machine with SELinux enabled.

I've attached an updated version of ApacheMirror.py with a redirection
bug fixed; previously it omitted the http://server part of the URL,
confusing some clients like Anaconda. I don't expect this to fix the
problem you're seeing, though.

--Ed