Re: File conflicts, how do they work at that point?

Panu Matilainen wrote:

Yes it's confusing and inconsistent behavior which I *really* want to get rid of. It's just that this is not a simple matter of "fixing rpm" - our package set is full of conflicting files. The package set needs fixing, otherwise you'll have a very much uninstallable x86_64 (and to slightly lesser effect ppc) tree.

Wouldn't fixing rpm early in the development cycle encourage more packages to get fixed faster?

Rahul