Re: File conflicts, how do they work at that point?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Panu Matilainen wrote:

Yes it's confusing and inconsistent behavior which I *really* want to get rid of. It's just that this is not a simple matter of "fixing rpm" - our package set is full of conflicting files. The package set needs fixing, otherwise you'll have a very much uninstallable x86_64 (and to slightly lesser effect ppc) tree.

Wouldn't fixing rpm early in the development cycle encourage more packages to get fixed faster?

That's the very reason bug #190209 is being dusted off at the moment :)

	- Panu -