system-config-printer trouble

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Wed Nov 21 11:47:02 UTC 2007

I'm having all sorts of issues running system-config-printer. Sometimes
i get caught in an endless apply dialog loop. Sometime I get a
mysterious "Password required" for my own password on localhost (no
passwords actually seems to work). Lately when I press 'print test page'
I get a core dump:

Nov 21 12:41:09 jupiler kernel: python[22202]: segfault at 00000007 eip
00736bc8 esp bfa1e83c error 4

I was surprised to see so few BZs entries for F8 system-config-printer.
Before I start filing away, is anyone else having trouble with it ?

-denis