Re: alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

On 11/27/2007 03:29 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 21:24 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:

I'm concerned about the policies which allow unstable software in stable Fedora releases. Is it considered acceptable/encouraged to have alpha versions of software in the stable release? Is there any policy?

There is no policy, its up to the individual maintainer to use their
best judgement as to what should be included.

It's hard to make judgements without having any criteria to judge upon. We don't need to have a strict policy, but I think it would be useful to have some loose guidelines.