Re: Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
What's the status of ':' support in windows? Is it possible to use those
characters on NTFS? The file name if a package is not important, unless
you let rpm satisfy dependencies, does it? What happens when you attempt
to download a file with a colon in name in Windows -- does it replace it
with some other character?

Actually, I tried naming something with a : on someone's XP box yesterday (totally unrelated to this), and it wouldn't let me. I didn't check, but I can only imagine it was using NTFS (fairly new machine).

If only a dash for chosen as an epoch separator instead of a colon...

 Oh, *that'll* make it more readable. ;-)

     Jima