Re: alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Adam Tkac wrote:
As I wrote above I disagree with you that put alpha (which will come
to beta really soon) to F8 is bad decision "because it is alpha". I
tested it and I didn't find any issues. That's why I decided put 9.5
to F8.

Adam

Is a former bind maintainer I have to support Adam here. In my opinion it depends what package is taken and it's really a big difference between a huge project (like gnome/gcc) and relative small one like bind.

Bind alpha/beta versions are periodically more stable than other **stable** projects.

Anyway, do you know what rules have upstreams of all our packages? What is a stable version in one can be an alpha for others. We can hardly make strict general rules if reliable and balanced measure is missing.

Martin