Re: alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:46:53 -0500
"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure how it can be considered perfect when it does not
> begin to address the "alpha/beta" issue that you think is resolvable
> with packaging policy.

"In general, it is preferred if maintainers avoid releasing "alpha" or
"beta" builds of packages into Fedora (both Rawhide and released
updates).  However a package maintainer has the right to use their own
discretion regarding this issue and may provide whatever (s)he sees fit
for the user base.  Things to consider include the amount of testing an
alpha or beta release has seen, the timeline to turn said alpha or beta
into a stable release, the feature sets provided, or the bugs fixed.
There may be other factors at play as well, which is why the person
best suited to make such a decision is the package maintainer in
question."

--
Jesse Keating