Re: alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 07:55:34 Jesse Keating wrote:
> "In general, it is preferred if maintainers avoid releasing "alpha" or
> "beta" builds of packages into Fedora (both Rawhide and released
> updates).

How about unreleased cvs snapshots? kdepim in F7 failed to work after a recent
upgrade (and had been working fine) and my problem was only solved by
upgrading to F8 which had a more recent cvs snapshot that is still buggy but
usable. Rolling back did not work. The only support I got by the Fedora
maintainer was telling me to report it upstream. Upstream does not support it
because its a cvs snapshot and not a released version.

What do we do about that? This is the current status of kdepim in both F7 & 8.

-Steve