alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

dexter ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 15:58:39 UTC 2007

On Tue November 27 2007 17:36:17 Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I just want to stress that we're working hard to keep people from
> thinking of Fedora as "a beta release of RHEL".

Education starts at home, here's a paragraph from mspevac 7 nov from the
announce list.
"""
Fedora's development priorities tend to come in cycles.  If you think
back to the Fedora Core 6 release cycle, you will remember that a
significant portion of the engineering goals for that release were
driven by the knowledge that Fedora Core 6 would be the upstream for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5.  Everyone knew going in that Fedora Core 6 would
be more "corporate" than "community". And that was ok, because we also
knew that once Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 was released, the Fedora
Project would be able to spend its next several releases focused on its
community-related priorities.  Fedora 9 will probably start to see the
pendulum swing back in the other direction, as Red Hat Enterprise Linux
6 starts to materialize on the horizon.
"""
Hmm sounds like beta to me.

...dex