Re: alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

dexter wrote:
On Tue November 27 2007 17:36:17 Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
I just want to stress that we're working hard to keep people from
thinking of Fedora as "a beta release of RHEL".

Education starts at home, here's a paragraph from mspevac 7 nov from the announce list.
"""
Fedora's development priorities tend to come in cycles. If you think back to the Fedora Core 6 release cycle, you will remember that a significant portion of the engineering goals for that release were driven by the knowledge that Fedora Core 6 would be the upstream for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Everyone knew going in that Fedora Core 6 would be more "corporate" than "community". And that was ok, because we also knew that once Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 was released, the Fedora Project would be able to spend its next several releases focused on its community-related priorities. Fedora 9 will probably start to see the pendulum swing back in the other direction, as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 starts to materialize on the horizon.
"""
Hmm sounds like beta to me.

Ear damage probably.

Rahul