Support TV on Fedora - Proposal for Fedora 9

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 28 22:03:04 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 2:18 AM, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le mardi 27 novembre 2007 à 17:33 -0500, Andrew Parker a écrit :
> > On Nov 27, 2007 5:06 PM, KH KH <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > ivtv-firmware and xorg-x11-drv-ivtv have been approved but still were
> > > not imported because of "competing" review request... (my website is
> > > offline for the next 24hours)
>
> > I don't think that's quite true.  The driver is now part of the
> > kernel, but you still need to install the firmware and the userland
> > tools such as ivtvctl.
>
> Read again the last bit of Nicolas's post.

Eh?  Your other post?  I don't see what you're referring to.

I have a PVR-150, and had to install the firmware before the kernel
will recognise the card properly.  Without the userland tools you can
tell it which input source and audio source to use either.  They may
be deprecated, but I'm not aware of an alternative (please enlighten
me if there is one)

If you check the livna repo, they provide both the firware and the
userland tools (which is just a partial build of the IVTV download for
kernels >= 2.6.22)