Bugzilla 'version' changes for Fedora this Friday!

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Nov 29 05:12:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 16:47 -0500, Will Woods wrote:
> So here's what's happening. This Friday, all bugs filed against Test
> versions of Fedora will be moved to the corresponding final release -
> for example, fc6test2 bugs will be moved to fc6. The testX versions
> will
> then be removed from the version list in Bugzilla. Finally we'll
> rename
> "devel" to "rawhide".

Moving everything and the renaming is fine as is, to get things up to
date.  Not that I don't want to see things changed, just issues I
thought of.  But how will it work during testing?  As in, you have FX
Beta and you file bugs against rawhide?  And during testing, alpha,
beta, testing, rc, whatever they all go against rawhide, and the bugs
stay against rawhide between testing releases?  That may work fine, but
what about once the testing goes gold?  Do all bugs between last
official release that were filed against rawhide, get moved to the
final?

FX Development begins..

--->Alpha - bugs filed against rawhide?
---->Test - bugs filed against rawhide?
----->Beta- bugs filed against rawhide?
------>RC - bugs filed against rawhide?
------->Gold - Bugs moved from rawhide to FX?

In other words, no bugs should exist against rawhide, except during
development cycle between official releases?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"