Experiences with F8T2 on Thinkpad T61

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Oct 1 13:55:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 09:23 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 17:39 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > >
> > > As always, suspend on nv graphics chips is a disaster.
> >
> > Indeed.  This is and wireless are the most important things for me to
> > get working.  What's the best way to help debug.  What component should
> > I bugzilla?
>
> It's not really something that needs a bugzilla in Fedora, it's just a
> problem we don't have a solution for yet.
>
> http://marc.info/?l=fedora-test-list&m=119003866809039&w=2
>
> for the details.

OK That's informative, thanks.

Does it help to know that the vesa driver exhibits the same behavior?
(The nv driver still doesn't work at all with this card--Quadro NV140M.)

I will try to play with the nvidia binary driver sometime.  I'm pretty
sure, however, that when I had F7 on the machine, the nvidia driver also
behaved the same way.  (I do recall that I couldn't change screen
brightness with that driver.)  Will try to verify.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu