/etc/hosts and system entries

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:47:36 UTC 2007

On 01/10/2007, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think there's something more subtle going on in this case.  What we do
> at least in startx(1) is add the cookie to ~/.Xauthority twice, once
> for :0 and once for foo:0, so the first one should always win.

I noticed that. Still got this in my output (shortly before a crash in
libGLcore, which I'm guessing is unrelated to the network issue):

_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host bill.wcn.co.uk
Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, Could not open network socket

It looks like the server crashed due to the VT-switching, rather than
the network stuff, so I won't bother attaching the rest .... :)