Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:29:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 2007-09-25 21:47:48 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> > Well, the live cd has a modifiable filesystem and I'm sure it will contain a
> > texteditor so yes the script can be disabled (by commenting out the check),
>
> I was thinking more like a environment variable that the script can
> check for. So that on a per-user basis this can be disabled quickly
> for all games just by exporting the environment variable.  Since you
> are asking for the games packages to use this by default, there needs
> to be a per-user way to disable the script action on multi-user
> configurations.
>
> -jef

Why not a checkbox - don't show this warning again? If checked - touch
a file (say ~/.no_video_warning) and don't bother the user again.

I think the user should be able to abort the game start, to start anyway
and to start anyway and never be bothered again.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev, GPG key ID: 0EF40B9E, Key server: pgp.mit.edu