Re: Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

dragoran wrote:
On 9/25/07, Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:
Jochen Schmitt wrote:
Matthew Miller schrieb:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:44:44PM +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:

Actually, I would consider that a bug in the application/game. If it's

Yeah, but since there's thousands of programs with that "bug", the wrapper
is a nicer solution.

For me, this wrapper is not a solution, because I have got a error
message. I'm using the
nvidia driver from rpm.livna.org and stellarium is running fine with
this driver.

So I was force to block BZ #304851

Ugh, I agree this is bad, but not using the wrapper is not the solution, the
wrapper should be fixed. I naively assumed that the nvidea and fglrx drivers
where both using dri as well (I'm pretty sure the fglrx driver is, but I'll
give it a try).

fglrx does while nvidia does _NOT_  use dri

Are you sure?  On my system with the nvidia binary drivers from livna:

$ glxinfo | grep -i direct
direct rendering: Yes

...and neverball/neverputt work fine with the wrapper.

Now, the nvidia driver does not load the dri module in xorg.conf, presumably because the binary driver has DRI built-in.

--Wart