Re: When should sysctl be run during boot?

On 01/10/2007, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
> Jonathan Underwood (jonathan underwood gmail com) said:
> > Thoughts?
>
> As modules could be loaded at any time, it would seem the most
> correct way would be to do it via a modprobe.d or udev rule.

I see your point. But, taken to it's logical conclusion, we'd scrap sysctl.conf
completely.

Actually, that would be the right thing to do - it's currently a badly defined
ad hock kludge.

I presume this issue will be shaken out during the initscripts reworking and
NetworkManager revisions in any case.

J.

(In stereo :)