Re: crystal-project crashes repoquery

Sunday Nicolas Mailhot said:

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2007 à 12:18 -0700, Curtis Doty a écrit :

It's been most annoying due to its wholesale breakage of my favorite
"repoquery -qal |grep foo" without providing any helpful info.

It appears the problem stems from some corrupt filenames in
crystal_project.tar.gz: crystal_project/*/apps/softwareD???.png Where
those three oddball 8-bit chars are 0xEF, 0x80 and 0x83.

It's probably a repoquery bug ÿÿ our python tools are supposed to handle
UTF-8 but this has not been impressed strongly enough on their writers
at the right time. And current python is a mess on the unicode front, so
software writers have to care about it for stuff to work.

Ok, I've opened bz#315491 against yum-utils.

../C