pungi, python and the question: where are the python gurus?

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Oct 2 16:24:38 UTC 2007

On 10/02/2007 05:18 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> On 10/02/2007 05:02 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:47:06 +0200
>> Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, that might be the better fix. But doesn't it make sense
>>> ConfigParser also allows int as values? I mean any kind of number
>>> (int, float, complex) could be handled as string...
>> I know not the history of ConfigParser and why it's only strings.  I
>> suspect it's because ConfigParser's primary usage is to parse config
>> files, and in a file it may be non-obvious how to mark something as an
>> int/float rather than a string.  The reason pungi uses ConfigParser is
>> that prior to using kickstart files we had our own config files.  I'm
>> not entirely happy with ConfigParser, but it'd be something of an
>> overhaul to switch to some other config system, and not one I was
>> willing to make at this point.  Maybe during F9...
>
> I c. Well. I don't mind what pungi uses to parse configs, but it
> MustWork(tm) :-)
>
> Kickstart files aren't pretty, but we already know them well. Maybe it
> would be better to switch to xml with 'em, but... Forget... That's
> another story, isn't it? :-)

>>> Thx Jesse, it's great you're there; We can always count on you, your
>>> quick responses and lighting-speed fast actions! :-)
>> Hah, thanks.  If only all my bugs were this easy.
>
> *grin* I can assign all my easy bugs to you, this way you might reach 90
> % easy bugs... :-) And you can say, ey' guys I solved 50 bugs this day. :-)

Jesse, just in case you have some more time that you want to spend:

Pungi.Pungi:INFO: Running /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder
/data/koji/pungi/20071002/alpha/os alpha Packages
Pungi.Pungi:ERROR: Got an error from /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder
Pungi.Pungi:ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 34, in <module>
    from yuminstall import YumSorter
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 34, in <module>
    from backend import AnacondaBackend
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/backend.py", line 25, in <module>
    import kickstart
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 181, in <module>
    class IgnoreDisk(commands.ignoredisk.F8_IgnoreDisk):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'F8_IgnoreDisk'

Anyone else is also invited to check this...

I'll leave for today and have no more time to debug this...

Best,
 Oliver