Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Oct 3 13:24:30 UTC 2007

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
> On Tuesday 2007-10-02 18:05:38 Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Ian Chapman wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> To be fair I haven't see the script (yet) but that sounds a like a
>>> sensible suggestion to me. The user should have the option of continuing
>>> regardless, if they so choose, and not to be bothered again. This should
>>> be as simple as possible and done graphically, ideally at launch time.
>>>
>> There are 2 issues with these train of thoughts:
>> 1) There really is no reason to want to run fullscreen OpenGL programs without
>>     hardware acceleration, they will not be usable <period>. If you don't
>>     believe me, try it!
>
> I know, from a long time. Users *should* be able to see it with their own eyes.
>
>> 2) The current wrapper uses zenity, so it cannot do the advenced kind of
>>     dialogs with a checkbox people ask for.
>>

> Well... improvise:
>
> ans=$(zenity  --list  --text "Your video..." --radiolist  --column "Pick"  \
> --column "Option" FALSE "Run" TRUE "Don't run" FALSE "Never run such programs" \
>  FALSE "Always run regardless"); echo $ans

I don't think we want the "Never run such programs" option, as from then on
such programs would silently fail. But other then that it might be ok. I would
need to see it. If someone wants to spend some time on implementing this and it
doesn't look horrible I would be more then happy to take a patch for this.

Please submit any patches through bugzilla.

Regards,

Hans