FC-7 mockbuild fails/koji build succeeds

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Oct 3 16:52:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:38:51 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > What coordination do you refer to? Look at this:
> >
> > The "diffutils" pkg has been on the "Exceptions" list for a very long
> > time. Wiki tracks it back to 2005, which is even before FESCo carved
> > those guidelines into stone:
> >
> >  Revision 22 as of 2005-04-23 22:25:17
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines?action=recall&rev=22#head-4cadce5e79d38a63cad3941de1dadc9d25d67d30
> >
> > It *still* is on that list. Why is it missing in buildroot configs
> > nowadays?
>
> Bah, my mistake.  I had thought (for some unknown reason) that
> diffutils had been removed from the short list and that's why it
> disappeared from the buildsys-build package.
>
> So it's just a plain old bug in the buildsys-build package that
> diffutils isn't required anymore.

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/6/i386/

buildsys-build-0.5-1.noarch.rpm from June 2006 "Requires: diffutils",
because it requires the list of Exceptions from the guidelines.

> I asked this last week sometime
> and never got any replies... Where is the srpm or cvs for the
> buildsys-build package?  And should bugs in this package be reported
> to the infrastructure ticketing system or somewhere else?

The buildsys-build spec is included in mock as %doc file.
diffutils is an R there, too, since at least June 2006.