Re: technical question

Modify kernel arguments. You want to add 'single' to the end of the arguments list.

Sam Gordon wrote:
hey wow that was fast cool...ok im in some screen and its says GNU GRUB vr. 0.97
Fedora Core(2.6.15-1.2054_FC5)
i guess its like a boot window...i cant like edit commands before booting, modify kernel arguments before booting, or go to command line... is this where i type what u said or the main login window after the system starts up? cuz i tried /etc/passwd and that didnt work at all...and u attached something do i input that sumwhere?

On 10/4/07, *Casey Dahlin* <cjdahlin ncsu edu <mailto:cjdahlin ncsu edu>> wrote:

    Sam Gordon wrote:
    > hi i got a question..my friend installed fedora on my pc and put in
    > the username password and now he doesnt remember it lol..and i
    have no
    > idea what it is because he installed it...is there a way to
    override
    > the login or somehow bypass it and change the information? plz just
    > tell me what my options r in the matter

    This list is for development discussion. For help and support you
    should
    try fedoraforum.org <http://fedoraforum.org> or #fedora on
    irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net> . That being said,
    from the grub screen, edit your default boot settings and add the word
    'single' (without quotes) to the end of the line mentioning
    'vmlinuz' .
    When you boot, you will get a text-only shell with root privileges.