Re: Default Firefox settings

Le Jeu 4 octobre 2007 01:03, Arthur Pemberton a écrit :
> On 10/3/07, darrell pfeifer <darrellpf gmail com> wrote:

>> In preferences/network/setting, "auto detect proxy settings" was
>> set.
>> I changed to "direct connection to internet" and firefox works at a
>> decent speed.

> When firefox is slow, it is _really_ slow. Is this acceptable by
> default?

You do need to auto detect proxy settings - when a proxy is available
most of the times you won't be allowed direct internet connection.

The problem is firefox sucks big time when you're behind a proxy - as
soon as the proxy is slow to answer for one tab all the others start
being sluggish/frozen (I suppose firefox has internal locking where
the cost of some locks is only evident in a proxy context)

The problem is not the setting, the problem is firefox is buggy.
That's something to report upstream.

--
Nicolas Mailhot