[sqlite2] Re: Orphaning packages

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 4 11:07:10 UTC 2007

Alex Lancaster wrote:

>> I'll take sqlite2, looks like it's a currently a requirement for
>> moomps.

>> moomps looks like it is rawhide/F-8 but sqlite2 isn't which would
>> presumably mean that moomps would currently be uninstallable
>> because it would be missing its dependencies.

JK> Actually moomps just needs to be rebuilt against the latest sqlite
JK> builds which have sqlite-tcl now.  That should be the last sqlite2
JK> need.

OK, that's good to know, so sqlite2 will then not be necessary (unless
there is some other package that hasn't yet been ported to sqlite 3).
I take it that would include moodss as well, since repoquery also
reports that as a dependent package:

# repoquery --recursive --whatrequires sqlite2
sqlite2-devel-0:2.8.17-1.fc6.i386
moomps-0:5.8-2.fc7.i386
sqlite2-tcl-0:2.8.17-1.fc6.i386
moodss-0:21.5-1.fc7.i386