printing problems with some applications

Joseph Sacco jsacco at gnome.org
Fri Oct 5 16:01:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 11:53 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> Joseph Sacco wrote:
> > Evolution and evince no longer print after updating to the latest
> > version of rawhide [05-Oct-07].  Other applications print OK as does the
> > test page from the printer set up. I can also print text files from the
> > command line using lp.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this?
>
> I've been experiencing printer errors on my LaserJet 2100 which seem to only be
> triggered when printing from a rawhide box. I did file a bugzilla. I have not
> been able to determine the cause of the errors. The behavior is to put the
> printer in some type of error state with it's error light illuminated, pressing
> the "GO" button clears the error and printing continues normally.
>
> --
> John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Interesting...  I am also using an HP2100M.

What happens when I attempt to print from either evince or evolution is
a dialog box pops up *immediately* and says "too many errors".  The
printer error light does not illuminate. Printing from another app, e.g.
gedit, then works without having to reset the printer.

FWIW,  printing from a currently updated version of FC7 works fine for
both evolution and evince.

-Joseph

--
jsacco [at] gnome [dot] org