Re: Distributing Fedora packages under GPLv2 3(b)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:06:52 -0500
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch dell com> wrote:

> (GPLv2 is somewhat unclear if the 3 years is from the first
> distribution, or the last...)  The koji archive with lots of
> incremental builds would be many times the size of the SCCM storage
> needs.

This is what has made me reluctant to venture toward using 3b.  The
uncertainty of when that 3 years starts, added to that the people
making use of 3c, do we the 3b folks have to keep things around for 3
years after a 3c person makes a release?  Does the 3year clock start at
the first distribution of an update or does it start with each respin
that includes the update but still hosted by Fedora?

I'd like some serious clarification on these items, and I fear that the
FSF isn't going to be all that helpful in continuing the use of GPLv2.
What does v3 have to say on the matter?

--
Jesse Keating