sqlite over NFS (locking)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 14:21:53 UTC 2007

On 05 Oct 2007 22:00:59 -0500
Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> It's failed for me as well.  What failure mode did you see?  For me
> the creatrepo run simply failed to terminate; I just dropped '-d' and
> went on with my business but I guess I could experiment.

For me it just went extremely slow, and at times the db could be
corrupt.  The speed decrease was nowhere near acceptable, but now that
I think about it, I think the decrease was actually accessing the db on
an NFS share.  The seeking and whatnot within the db file was
excruciating, and this was because I had pungi putting it's yum
workfiles within the destination directory which was on NFS.  Not a
good thing to have your yum cache on NFS :/

--
Jesse Keating