Re: f8t3 live: no networking on presario 700

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 20:17 -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> I have compaq presario 714n notebook, Intel G965 chipset. wireless is
> Broadcom BCM94311MCG mini-pci, which shows up in lspci.

Broadcom does not make firmware for their wireless cards available in a
freely redistributable form, so Fedora cannot distribute this firmware.
Thus, it cannot work out of the box.  You can generate a firmware file
using the b43-fwcutter utility, but this doesn't help much for the live
environment.  Feel free to request that Broadcom provide freely
redistributable firmware for their wireless products!

Jeremy