Re: Gnome Logout Hangs?

Thomas J. Baker wrote:
On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 18:55 -0400, Eric Mesa wrote:

Thomas J. Baker wrote:
On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 15:05 -0400, Eric Mesa wrote:
Still happens to me.  I happen to be running Compiz - you?

Yes I am.

Thanks,

tjb
Yeah, that's why I never filed a bug report because running compiz
means you're running Nvidia or ATI drivers which means they can't
help.  At least that's the impression I get.

I have the same problem on my Intel laptop so I don't think it's related
to the NVIDIA driver on my desktop. It's some type of hang because if I
just C-A-Backspace, gdm comes back up fine. Something is not letting X
reset.
well there is a known bug with the nvidia drivers when using compiz with indirect rendering that causes this... but there lastest driver fixes it. And also thats the first time I hear this happening on Intel.... a bug needs to be filled ;)