Re: CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 05:55 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
We should be shipping a CD set. I consistently see people going to Ubuntu
after asking for a Fedora CD and being told they can't update that way.
+1 Exactly this. We should pick packages for an installation that fits
in 1CD. Is anyone already working on a one CD spin, or interested in
working on it?
If you just want a single CD installation, you can use the installable Live CD (x86)

Well, and if I want to upgrade?

Yum upgrade works for me. Live upgrades is where our focus should be IMO. There is one proposal that uses Anaconda to perform something similar (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PreUpgrade) but yum upgrades can work very well usually and even better if we spend some more time in testing this method of upgrade more and fixing any packaging problems.

Rahul