Re: should readahead allow generic paths?

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 09:50:55AM -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:

> and perl5 is a very naughty package too. This is a small sample of all the
> unclaimed files/dirs on a system.

These are all packaging bugs. For packages coming from core that haven't
already been reviewed it should be pretty common, though. It can also
happen if you put yourself some files in the directory prior from
removing the package owning the directory.

> I think one thing that would help performance overall is that packages must
> own all the directories they create and delete them when its uninstalled.
> This removes directory entries and improves search time.

See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-a5931a7372c4a00065713430984fa5875513e6d4

--
Pat