Re: should readahead allow generic paths?

On Thursday 11 October 2007 10:26:34 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > and perl5 is a very naughty package too. This is a small sample of all
> > the unclaimed files/dirs on a system.
>
> These are all packaging bugs.

Agreed.

> For packages coming from core that haven't already been reviewed it should
> be pretty common, though. It can also happen if you put yourself some files
> in the directory prior from removing the package owning the directory.

The vast majority are empty directories or ones where prelink blew up sometime
in the past. Its rare to find anything in these dead-end directories.

> See
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-a5931a7372c4a000657
>13430984fa5875513e6d4

The prime offenders from my perusal is: mozilla, ruby, perl5, and java or gcj.
These could be fixed by now, but who knows.

-Steve