Re: CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

David Zeuthen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 08:30 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mercredi 10 octobre 2007 à 22:23 -0400, seth vidal a écrit :

livecd - you can do pkg selection after you're installed
And users do not want that. That's the same thing as the "reboot before
continuing" windows plague

It's theoretically possible to do a reboot-less install (google for
livecd raid broken mirror)

or *cough* *cough*

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-July/msg00768.html

 but that is IMO so far into weeds because I
simply don't think it's true that users are afraid of reboots as you
state. Hell, we require it for kernel upgrades etc. etc.

FWIW, I did the above not because of user fear of reboots, but rather user annoyance at reboots.

-dmc