Re: gethostby* users

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 08:02 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
I know it is fun to pick on sendmail, but it works well and I can use
it to do things not easily done in some other MTAs.

Examples?

Running MimeDefang is a good example. MimeDefang runs as a milter, does whatever spam/virus scanning and other processing you want, controlled by a small perl script in real time during the smtp conversation so it can reject based on the results. However it does not need a 1 to 1 ratio of perl processes to sendmail processes and does not make fast operations wait on slow ones due to the way the milter interface handles separate steps.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com