Re: gethostby* users

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le dimanche 14 octobre 2007 à 13:05 -0500, Les Mikesell a écrit :

As far as I know, none of the other MTA's are completely compatible with sendmail in the way (or whether) they expose details that the milter needs to know,

I won't pretend I know sendmail well enough to judge there…

And the non-milter alternatives generally suffer from one or more of

… but you certainly do not know non-sendmail stuff either.

I used smail before it was abandoned; I've used qmail enough to hate it, tried postfix before it had anything resembling a milter, and always ended up going back to sendmail. But, if anything else currently has the ability to manage customizable helper processes and multiplex jobs efficiently among them in a way that only requires mime and zip unpacking to be done onces even if you scan multiple times, I'd be happy to hear about it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com