gethostby* users

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:55:58 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 14 octobre 2007 à 13:05 -0500, Les Mikesell a écrit :
>
>> As far as I know, none of the other MTA's are completely compatible with
>> sendmail in the way (or whether) they expose details that the milter
>> needs to know,
>
> I won't pretend I know sendmail well enough to judge there…
>
>> And the non-milter alternatives generally suffer from one or
>> more of
>
> … but you certainly do not know non-sendmail stuff either.

I used smail before it was abandoned; I've used qmail enough to hate it,
tried postfix before it had anything resembling a milter, and always
ended up going back to sendmail.  But, if anything else currently has
the ability to manage customizable helper processes and multiplex jobs
efficiently among them in a way that only requires mime and zip
unpacking to be done onces even if you scan multiple times, I'd be happy
to hear about it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com