weird problem with NM

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Oct 16 06:27:36 UTC 2007

> i'm getting a weird problem with today's rawhide update
>
> whenever I'm connected to my wifi network, iwlist eth1 scan shows no
> scan results.. plus .. every 5-15 minutes i got disconnected from the
> network .. iwlist scan back returning scan results right after the
> disconnect ..
>
> anybody else experiencing this?

I don't have the latest rawhide, but I do know something to try.  Intel
thought it would be a good idea to complicate their firmware with what
they called "hardware scan".  It doesn't offer any significant advantage
over the mac80211-driven scan, it might be worth trying turning it off
and using the mac80211 one:

alias wlan0 iwl3945 disable_hw_scan=1

-Andy