Re: Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

Le mardi 16 octobre 2007 à 20:46 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> >> How about the maintainer?
> >
> > The  maintainer will always put his package before the distro as a whole
> >

> If that is how people here think about maintainers, or worse what they expect
> of maintainers I think I need to look for another community to start
> contributing too.

It's a realistic assessment of normal human beings. Even Linus has to
scold his elite lieutenants to get a release out and they move in more
rarefied circles circles than your average Fedora maintainer.

(hell Alan Cox scolded Linus back when one managed the stable tree and
the other the developement tree)

Sometimes stuff has to be done and a Fedora-wide release committee does
not strike me as a good idea.

--
Nicolas Mailhot