Re: gnome keyring always needs to be unlocked

On 10/16/07, Zack Cerza <zcerza redhat com> wrote:
> Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> > when logging on I need to give gnome-keyring the password to unlock even
> > though I check it so it unlocks automatically. What gives?
> >
> > -Louis
>
>  From what I understand, the feature isn't complete and depends on [0].
> Matthias said in [1] that he removed the checkboxes until that work is
> finished.

We decided yesterday it would definitely be better to turn that off
rather than feel the wrath of thousands of people checking that box
and it not doing anything.  If you don't use a smart card reader or a
biometric authentication device, you can edit /etc/pam.d/gdm and move
the
auth line for pam_gnome_keyring above the system auth include.
However I take no responsibility for what it could possibly break in
the future ;-).

Jon