Re: Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

It's in peoples heads afaics and they mention it on the list if
questions come up "can I run a test release and later the final without
reinstalling?" -> "No".

This is slowly getting changed. For Fedora 7, there was some effort into providing a "supported" path from Fedora 7 test 3 to the general release. This could certainly be changed to cover all the test releases with some more testing and proper messaging.

Of did we document somewhere in between how to switch from rawhide to
release before rawhide moves on? If yes please point me to, then I'll
blog about it to get the old scheme out of peoples head.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

Feel free to add any missing information. It should be easier to switch to and away from rawhide though.

Rahul