what to do when gnome power manager shows wrong battery capacity?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:46:21 UTC 2007

One laptop is brand new and other is 2 years old.

On both laptops there are 6-cell batteries - my googling showed me
that capacity should be around 60Wh for a 6-cell battery.

On both laptops gnome-power-manager (GPM) shows that capacity should
be 88.8Wh (which I think is wrong).

On new laptop actual capacity that GPM shows is 60Wh and on the old
laptop is 44Wh (it droped from 60 to 44 in 2 years).

Valent.