what to do when gnome power manager shows wrong battery capacity?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:22:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 16:28 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> So either the battery gives wrong values via acpi or the kernel reads
> them wrong (which is very unlikely because 6000mAh seem to be a too
> normal value for a read error)

It will be case where the "smart battery" (deliberate quotes) is
actually very dumb. For most of the DSDT's I've seen most of these
numbers are hardcoded, and not queried from the battery.

I've even sent the Lenovo BIOS guys a DSDT patch to query the battery
instead of a best guess, but it was ignored. This is why the new g-p-m
code self-profiles, and corrects the values from ACPI.

Richard.