Re: F8+KDE+PulseAudio

> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:50:22 -0500
> Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
>
> > Really, to make this work, all we needed was pulseaudio getting
> > autostarted with the session.  After chatting on fedora-desktop, we
> > tried the /etc/X11/xinit.d/pulseaudio.sh containing
> > pulseaudio -D
> > solution (I initially had tried an over-complicated xdg/autostart
> > setup).
> >
> > Could this (or something like it) be considered for inclusion in F8's
> > pulseaudio pkg?
>
> Hrm, in the Gnome desktop case we get this:
>
> /usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog

GNOME just launches the "esd" binary. Bear in mind that currently,
pulseaudio is only started when "ESD" would have been started before. We
even still have the prefs.

Frankly, we should kill the pref, and always start Pulseaudio. In the
meanwhile, it would be better if KDE came up with something that just
starts it for KDE.