source file audit - 2007-10-17

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Oct 19 23:40:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:10:34 -0800
jspaleta at gmail.com ("Jeff Spaleta") wrote:

> On 10/19/07, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > - BADURL:base-file-name:$PACKAGENAME
> >
> > This means that the URI provided in the Source(s) line didn't
> > result in a download of the source. This could be any of: URL
> > changed, version changed and URL wasn't updated, Site is down, Site
> > is gone, etc. Also there are a number of packages with incorrect
> > sourceforge links. (BTW, there are still some packages with
> > ftp://people.redhat.com/ URLs).
>
> jspaleta:BADURL:gpodder-0.10.0.tar.gz:gpodder
>

> Explain to how you are checking for the url to download.

It's using 'spectool -g' on the spec.

> wgetting the URL in the spec generated by spectool locally on my
> system works just fine.
>
> both using the URL generated by spectool run  against the specfile in
> the cvs co out of gpodder/devel and a run of spectool run against the
> specfile contained in the srpm I download with yumdownloader
> --enablerepo=development --source gpodder

Alas, it was berlios again being broken. ;(

--00:46:22--  http://download.berlios.de/gpodder/gpodder-0.10.0.tar.gz
           => `./gpodder-0.10.0.tar.gz'
Resolving download.berlios.de... 195.37.77.141
Connecting to download.berlios.de|195.37.77.141|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
Location:
http://download.berlios.de/error/HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var
[following] --00:46:23--
http://download.berlios.de/error/HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var =>
`./HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var' Reusing existing connection to
download.berlios.de:80. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html] Last-modified header missing --
time-stamps turned off. --00:46:26--
http://download.berlios.de/error/HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var =>
`./HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var' Connecting to
download.berlios.de|195.37.77.141|:80... connected. HTTP request sent,
awaiting response... 200 OK Length: unspecified [text/html]

    0K .                                                        23.92
MB/s

00:46:26 (23.92 MB/s) - `./HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.html.var' saved
[1058]

I thought I had a check for this, but I guess it didn't work right.

> Istanbul source url was broken, and i've updated the spec in cvs.  I'm
> happy to see this script run...but is there a way to perhaps lower the
> chance of a false positive before we start having these sort of checks
> spawn automatic bug tickets.

I quite agree... thats one reason I haven't started doing auto filing
or mailing people yet.

>  If the download sources script can't
> reach a host for some reason that I can't reproduce locally, I don't
> want to have the same bug filed automatically over and over again.

Sure. It's sad, berlios is looking less reliable for downloads than
sourceforge used to be. :(

I will try and fix my script to detect this better...

> -jef

kevin