Re: Multiarch conflicts on devel packages with %doc files

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Eric Sandeen <sandeen redhat com> writes:
>
>> You could probably just add a patch to modify the shipped
>> docs/api_footer.html file to remove the timestamp?
>
> will not work e.g. for PDF or PS doc. Ditto for HTML doxygen doc where
> anchors are named with unique random identifiers.

Yeesh.  For things that contain simple generation timestamps, we could
probably make some filters to take those out.  e2fsprogs has something
like that:

[root localhost e2fsprogs-1.40.2]# cat ./po/remove-potcdate.sin
# Sed script that remove the POT-Creation-Date line in the header entry
# from a POT file.

but for anything which contains uuids generated at build time... good
luck I guess! :)

-Eric