CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 20 20:22:20 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but I don't think you can call
> what we had with FC6 and lost with F7 "a work around" for a problem that
> we've introduced with F8 -no upgrades using CDs.

You are trying to workaround the lack of supported live upgrade by
providing regular CD images.

We had installable live CD's which replace the regular cd's for Fedora
7. The only problem with the replacement that I can see is that lack of
a supported live upgrade. The fix IMO is to make it a supported option.

So if we release live images for Fedora 8 and make live upgrades
supported when we release Fedora 9, what problems are left to solve?

Rahul