Re: Multiarch crazyiness

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:15:03 -0400
Jon Masters <jcm redhat com> wrote:

> Right. And here again is one of the major problems. We know what the
> problem is, and Fedora has a record of being able to push through
> changes once a problem is identified and time thrown at it - why can't
> there just be a cut-off date/release by which most of the packages
> must have been split out? Then multilib *hacks* can be thrown away.

Because while this is a "fix" for our current multilib algorithms, it's
not clear that this is a proper fix in whole.  It is another bandaid
for the bleeding wound we have.  It's not trivial to go splitting a
crapton of packages, so perhaps we'd like some more idea of "this is
The Fix".

--
Jesse Keating