Re: Multiarch crazyiness

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:35:00 -0400
> Jon Masters <jcm redhat com> wrote:
>
> > Jesse - ideas on how to organize this effort?
>
> Start a paper, define what the problem space is, define what goals
> should be accomplished to have a solution (not what the solution would
> be), identify key people involved, pitch it to somebody with budget to
> fly people around and feed/house them for a few days.

Two very informative sites about how Debian is approaching the problem:

http://wiki.debian.org/multiarch
http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/multiarch/

In particular, this paper from canonical does a quite nice job of
laying out the problem:

http://multiarch.alioth.debian.org/multiarch-hp-report.pdf

HTH someone,
Jonathan.