Koji Garbage Collection

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 01:31:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:41:27PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
 > We are about to roll out garbage collection for Koji. Please review the
 > document linked below.
 >
 >    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/GarbageCollection
 >
 > As part of garbage collection, builds that are no longer needed will be
 > deleted. The owner of the build will receive an email notification of
 > the impending deletion and there is a grace period. To reduce the amount
 > of email, multiple notifications to the same user will be combined into
 > one message.

As owner of one of the biggest offenders in space usage, I completely
understand the need to do this.
However, it's extremely valuable to be able to have users go grab
a bunch of previous RPMs to bisect a problem.  Just this afternoon,
I asked Mike Harris to download 15 2.6.22 based kernels for example
so we can find out exactly when we introduced a "cant boot" bug which
likely affects F8 too.

What I'd like to do, is still keep all these RPMs, but get them out
of koji.  I'm even prepared to give up a few hundred GB of diskspace
on my own machines to keep them.   The question I have though, is
whats the easiest way to get them?  Clicking through the koji web interface
will quickly drive me nuts.   Is there some place I can just scp them from?

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk